Starting in February, schools in SD308 will host kindergarten registration sessions for the 2018-19 school year.
Students must be 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2018, in order to begin kindergarten in August. Registration will be held at the Central Registration office in the District Administration Center at 4175 State Route 71 in Oswego. Packets are available on the district website, sd308.org, and at every elementary school, as well as at the district office.
When coming to registration, the child’s parent or legal guardian must provide the student’s original birth certificate, the parent/guardian’s photo ID, and three proofs of residency (such as utility bills, a lease, a tax bill, mortgage statement, or deed).
Medical requirements for kindergarten, not needed at the time of registration, include a physical due by the first day of school, a vision screening due by Oct. 15, and a dental exam due by May 15, 2019.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to register for kindergarten on the day designated for their school, but if they are unavailable on that day, they may register on any of the dates listed below. Questions can be directed to the individual school, or the central registration office at 630-636-2404.
Monday, Feb. 5, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Churchill Elementary, 630-636-3800
• Lakewood Creek Elementary, 630-636-3200
• Southbury Elementary, 630-551-9800
Wednesday, Feb. 7, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Hunt Club Elementary, 630-636-2800
• Fox Chase Elementary, 630-636-3000
• Long Beach Elementary, 630-636-3300
Tuesday, Feb. 13
• Grande Park Elementary, 630-551-9700
• Old Post Elementary, 630-636-3400
• Prairie Point Elementary, 630-636-3600
• Wolfs Crossing Elementary, 630-636-3700
Thursday, Feb. 15
• Boulder Hill Elementary, 630-636-2900
• Homestead Elementary, 630-636-3100
• The Wheatlands Elementary, 630-636-3500